Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses in the world. In the U.S., millions of people suffer the effects of this debilitating condition, which causes a variety of symptoms that impact their day-to-day lifestyle.
If you are not feeling like yourself and have other symptoms, depression could very well affect your life. What are the common signs and symptoms of depression that alert you to a potential problem?
Most common depression symptoms include:
· Feelings of sadness that do not go away. This may be caused by life events or for no reason whatsoever.
· Withdrawing from activities that you once enjoyed, avoiding friends and family and special events or outings.
· Problems at work or with relationships.
· Sleeping too much or sleeping too little.
· Extreme anxiety and worry. Feeling worthless.
· Suicidal thoughts or feelings.
· Lack of energy or overwhelming feelings of fatigue.
· Lack of appetite.
Depression affects everyone differently but often shares the symptoms and signs above. This list is not complete and the condition may include additional symptoms not listed above. Talk to a doctor to learn more and get help. You are not alone, although it may certainly feel this way. Depression can be treated, which is the good news. It is up to you to take the first steps and seek medical treatment for this condition.
If you suspect you are suffering from depression, do not go it alone another day. Help is available and can change the way that you feel. With the available psychiatric services in jacksonville, nc, you can overcome depression and live the life that you were meant to live.
Medical experts offer a variety of treatment options that help patients with varying levels of depression or other mental disorders. With time and the right treatment, anyone can overcome depression and the negative effects it causes in life.